We often overlook the little things in life we are fortunate to have, things such as clean running water, or having the privilege to attend school. In fact, those are some of the things we often complain about the most: having to wake up for school, or having to drink tap water. The biggest lesson on gratitude I have ever received was during our trip to the elementary school. At the end of a long winding path–through a dense community with no indoor plumbing and inadequate sanitation –sits this little safe haven for some of the children in Nima. A place with so little offered these children so much. As soon as I walked through the entrance a little boy ran up with excitement, shaking my hand with the biggest smile on his face. In that instance, a feeling unexplainable with words came over me. My heart was the fullest it had been in a long time. Once we got into the classroom, the children had a songs and poems they’d prepared for us. The spoke about things such as privilege and how thankful they were for God allowing them to be in the space they were in.