I cannot describe how excited I was to start my internship. Tiger Eye and Anas Aremeyaw Anas, these two names mean so much in journalism, especially the investigative journalism, in the world.

There are two separate departments in Tiger Eye, Tiger Eye Pi and Tiger Eye Foundation. Tiger Eye Pi is an investigation agency. It offers discreet, affordable and highly effective private investigation services across the country and overseas. It is the money-making department for Tiger Eye. My co-worker told me that Tiger Eye Pi is the only private investigation agency in West Africa.

The department I am interning at is Tiger Eye Foundation. It is the foundation and core of Anas’s organization that is doing investigative journalism and reporting for public interest.

Today my co-worker took me to see Anas’s office, I was impressed. So many prizes are exhibited showing the achievement he has earned. Other than that, I saw about 20 cell phones, 10 beads-hats, and many different kinds of tiger symbols. I even saw a real-sized simulator tiger. So far, I have seen three Ghanian pianos in different places in the office. I asked my co-worker if Anas is a pianist. He said he has never seen him playing it. “But now, since you pointed it out. I started believing that Anas does play the piano,” he laughed.

I cannot say much about what they do and what I do here for my internship. I have to carefully deal with my tasks. (Signed an NDA on the first day.) But I am sure that the Tiger Eye Foundation does important projects. They want to turn the country around and make the world a better place. Anas is a legend here.

Photo by Austin Hicks